Netgear is an American global networking company, which makes networking products for three major segments i.e. retail, commercial, and service provider. Netgear came into existence on 8th January 1996 and its primary focus was on providing networking solutions for small businesses and home users. On February 2002 Netgear became a fully independent company.
Netgear’s product range is mostly focused on home and business needs both wired and wireless technology. Netgear claimed limelight when it introduced its advanced n series home and business routers. WNDR series was Netgear’s huge success. The resent ‘R’ series of Netgear has taken the networking world by storm. The Nighthawk router has also become the huge success story for the Netgear. Nighthawk series also came with the advanced range extender models, which has also become huge success for Netgear due to their long signal range.
WHAT IS MYWIFIEXT.NET?
(Mywifiext.net) is the local access page of Netgear Extender. Local access page means the settings panel saved on the index file of the firmware. When a user wants to excess the settings of the extender he has to type (mywifiext.net) into the address bar of the web browser e.g. Internet explorer, Google chrome, Firefox etc. once the browser redirects to the index file it asks for the username and password.
The username and password are the once that user has kept during the first time instalment. One the correct username and password of the extender is entered the Netgear Genie page opens up where the settings can be changed.
WHAT IS MYWIFIEXT.NET?
(Mywifiext.net) is a web address to get the local access of your Netgear Extender where you can make both basic and advance changes. These changes can be in the wireless settings or firmware upgrade everything is possible through mywifiext.net. It should be understood that we are specifically talking about Netgear extenders because (mywifiext.net) do not work on other extenders i.e (mywifiext.net) only triggers the netgear firmware. So if you have Netgear extender (mywifiext.net) can give you access to a place where you can customize settings according to your needs.
As we told you earlier mywifiext.net opens up the settings dashboard of Netgear extender which makes following changes possible :
(Its advised to take technical supervision while accessing these functions on (mywifiext.net)
- If you recently changed your ISP(internet service provider) you can simply run setup wizard to configure new connection through (mywifiext.net).
- SSID change and wireless password change can be done in the wireless settings of (mywifiext.net).
- (mywifiext.net) also provide access to the attached devices on your network. So the intruders can be checked here.
- Firmware upgrade can be done from inbuilt dashboard, which is the most brilliant feature of (mywifiext.net). Netgear regularly upgrade the firmwares of their extender to provide stability patches and security updates, which can be done from Firmware Upgrade, tab on dashboard.
- Port Forwarding and Port Triggering can be done from the dashboard of (mywifiext.net) by entering the port numbers and selecting the device from the list. This feature enables gaming devices, VOIP phones, multimedia devices and plenty of other services in your home network.
- DMZ settings can be enabled on (mywifiext.net). Some gaming devices like play station, Xbox and Nintendo require opening of multiple ports which is kind of complicated but mywifiext.net makes it possible with just one click. Go to DMZ enable it put the IP address of the device and that’s it done!
- Mac cloning can be done for certain Internet service providers from Internet setting in (mywifiext.net).
UNABLE TO OPEN MYWIFIEXT.NET
Now lets come to the main problem which most of us using Netgear extenders face while opening mywifiext.net. The first and the most frustrating problem is web browser just keeps on spinning without opening up the page. This can be fixed by removing the cache and temporary files. The other problem is when your login information does not work while entering the username and password which can be fixed by calling the Netgear Technical Support number (1-800-603-4024) and giving them your model number and serial number.