The Xbox 360 comes with the ability to connect to the Internet through either a wireless or wired connection. Many people prefer the wireless connection as it doesn’t involve spreading additional cables across the room, and the Netgear adapter works well for this purpose. You’ll need the Netgear software disc to connect an Xbox 360 with a Netgear adapter.
Things You’ll Need
- Netgear software disc
Follow These Steps
- Plug the Negear adapter into the back of your Xbox 360 console and turn on the console. If the Netgear adapter begins looking for a wireless connection, you’re already done. This only works if you haven’t connected to Xbox Live since October of 2009.
- Remove the Netgear adapter and insert the software disc that came with the adapter into your console. Close the tray and wait for the console to read the disc. You may need to press “Enter” on your Xbox 360 controller if the console doesn’t read the disc automatically.
- Choose the “Yes” option when the console asks if you want to update, then wait for the Netgear software to install on your Xbox 360 console. It should take a only few minutes, but it may take up to 15-20 minutes. It will tell you on the screen how much time remains.
- Wait for the software to finish downloading onto your console and then remove the disc from the tray. Turn off your console. Insert the Netgear adapter into the back of your Xbox 360 console via the USB port. Turn the console back on and it should now detect the wireless connection in your area.
- Test the connection by signing into your account and going to Xbox Live. Try downloading a game demo, wallpaper or other item. If the download completes, you’re connected. If not, try installing the software and updating your system again.