1. Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
2. Release the button.
3. Wait for the router to reboot.
4. Log in with the default password.
If the router configuration was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.
5. Unplug the router’s power.
6. Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router’s power.
7. Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
8. Wait for the router to reboot.
9. Log in with the default password.
DEFAULT IP: 192.168.0.1 OR 192.168.1.1
Most of the NETGEAR devices, except ReadyNAS products and Fully Managed switches, have the following default username and password:
* Username = admin
* Password = password
o For older devices, password = 1234